April 30, 2013…”Winter is coming”…Okay, summer for us, but still!
Today was a training day…and also my one true “off” day from work. I normally catch up on laundry, meal prep, and whatever TV shows I missed during the previous week. Game of Thrones, anyone? Oh, and Grimm! I love me some Grimm! 🙂
- Pre-workout meal: protein pancake (I made 2, but my boyfriend ate one…) Thanks, Stacey, for the recipe! They are soooo YUMMY…here’s what’s inside: 1 banana, 2 egg whites, 1 – 2 tbsp. ground flax meal, 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, splash of almond milk, and I added blueberries to mine. Also, a drizzle of honey on top. They are also good with a scoop of almond butter! I ate an apple too…
- Post-workout: protein shake and paleo muffin (had to get rid of the last one…I baked a fresh batch later in the evening!)
- Lunch: chicken sausage with avocado and hummus, brown rice tortilla, gigantic handful of grape tomatoes.
- Snack: sunflower seeds and 3 clementines.
- Dinner: “turkey muffins” (ground turkey, shredded zucchini, onion, garlic, almond flour, salt, pepper…and buffalo sauce!) with a side of black beans and bacon.
- Snack: Glass of red wine (Tinta de Toro…I’m doing my research for my new Spanish restaurant!) and chocolate covered almonds.
And I think I will make my goal for my parting “meme/picture/quote/etc.” to be as nerdy as possible…at least I will most of the time!