May 1, 2013…Wake up, wake up, wake up…It’s the first of the month!
Today was a rest day…yet I was up super early…go figure! Someone needs to take care of the Wednesday AM CrossFit Cardio classes so Matticorn can get his beauty sleep!
- 4am wake up: Greek yogurt, paleo muffin, apple, and a black iced coffee.
- Breakfast: same as my dinner from the night before! 2 turkey muffins, black beans and bacon, with the addition of blueberries.
- Snack: Protein smoothie (protein powder, supergreens powder, banana, almond milk), handful of cashews.
- Lunch: Teriyaki chicken, broccoli sautéed in coconut oil with sesame seeds and chili flake. I also drank a “Sambazon Acai Energy Drink”…it’s the “light” version of this refreshing beverage (approx. 50 cals) and contains as much caffeine as a cup of coffee and it has tons of antioxidants. I was in a light and fruity mood and this hit the spot!
- Dinner: “Happy Hour” at Mezzo restaurant = a sampler of a beet and mixed green salad, grilled salmon and spaghetti squash, caprese salad, fried calamari…a Dogfishead 60 min IPA and a glass of cabernet.
- Snack: chocolate covered almonds.
I always feel a little guilty on rest days, even though they are totally necessary (I’m extremely twitchy!). Tell them how you really feel, grumpy cat!