May 3, 2013…I’m ready!
It’s my Monday again! Time to get my final snacks/meals planned for the following few days so I don’t go hungry at work…Today was a training day as well and here’s how it went:
- Wake-up: 1 turkey muffin, 1 paleo muffin, banana. Here is the link to the basic paleo muffin website again: http://paleomg.com/zucchini-apple-spice-muffins/. I play around with the recipe and change it up week to week to keep it interesting. This time I did coconut muffins yummmmmmmmm! I use the apple in the recipe most of the time, but occasionally I use a banana (I like the texture of them better with the banana), and sometimes I use both! Play around and have fun 🙂 One tip: really squeeze out as much of the water as possible after you shred the zucchini…they get a little dense if you don’t!
- Post-workout protein shake: (today was with almond milk).
- Breakfast: Bagel Café…yummmm…except I didn’t have a bagel boooooooo 😦 I had an egg-white omelet with veggies, sliced tomato, and a side of bacon!
- Snack: apple, handful of almonds, box of raisins.
- Lunch: Chicken sausage sautéed with onion and buffalo sauce. Broccoli with garlic, chili flake, and sesame. Applesauce.
- Dinner: Spinach salad with hard boiled egg, mushroom, radish, tomatoes, black olives, balsamic dressing. Cup of beef chili.
- Mid-Shift Snack: cashews…and thanks to TMT who shared a few bites of his food education meal, I was also able to snack on 2 shrimp and an apple and fennel salad. And the bartender wanted to get rid of the watermelon we use for sangria, so I enjoyed a few cubes of that too.
- Late night snack: 2 tacos (beef and adobada) with corn tortillas topped with cilantro and onion. 2 beers.
Well, it’s time for me to go food shopping again…I thought I had more food in the house but it looks like I’m down to just a few cans of tuna, black beans, oatmeal, and clementines. Trader Joe’s here I come! Maybe I’ll pick up some Krabby Patties…