May 20, 2013…TGIF!
Today was the start of a new training program for me and I was feeling much better! Except for the fact that I tweaked my back doing a broad jump during warm up. It finally loosened up and felt better as I was LEAVING the gym. Anywho…here is how it looked today:
- Pre-Workout: 2 scrambled egg-whites, 1/2 an avocado, salsa. Orange and a banana.
- Post-workout: protein shake (protein powder, supergreens powder, water).
- Lunch: turkey burger with brown rice/chia bread “buns”, hummus. Grape tomatoes and basil tossed in olive oil, salt and pepper. Dark chocolate bar for dessert 🙂
- Snack: Plum, handful of cashews.
- Dinner: cup of chili, spinach salad (beets, hard-boiled egg, olives, balsamic), paleo muffin, chocolate frozen yogurt (at the Cosmo in the employee cafeteria, they have free frozen yogurt and it takes all of my power not to eat one EVERY day I work! It’s seriously the BOMB!)
- Mid-Shift snack: NOTHING…too busy to eat! Or to take a bathroom break for that matter. It was a miserable 3 hour rush…but hey, that’s how we make our money in the industry…
- Late snack: chicken and rabbit from the leftover paella, Kind bar, apple…and a Dogfishead 90 Minute IPA (Totally needed it. What a weekend…and guess what, it’s FRIDAY!)
That’s it for now. I’m psyched I have the next 3 days off from work, but unfortunately, this meme is the story of my life!