June 1, 2013…Saturday day night fever!
So I’ll probably be blogging every other day from now on…I’ve been pretty busy lately with work and keeping up with my new lifting regimen, and also doing other things like handstands on the back of F-16 fighter jets :::siiigggghhh::: HAHA JK (reference my Facebook page if you don’t know what I’m talking about!)…I have been busy and I’m loving my new workout program. It’s tough, but I feel like I am getting stronger and it’s been a blast working on Olympic lifting 5 days a week. I’ve added sweet potatoes to my diet, as well as eating more brown rice bread and upping my protein intake. Here’s what it looked like today:
- Pre-workout: can of smoked trout (I know I’m weird) and 1/2 of a sweet potato.
- Post-workout: protein powder, supergreens powder, water.
- Brunch: salmon burger with brown rice bread “buns”, topped with arugala, and spicy mustard. A healthy serving of applesauce.
- Dinner: spinach salad with garbanzo beans, tomatoes, feta cheese, peppers, chicken/pork sausage. And a banana.
- Mid-Work snack: Lara bar.
- Late snack: chicken sausage, paleo muffin, dark chocolate bar.
This was a rough shift to work. I did heavy back squats on top of Olympic lifting, and then worked a 9 hour shift on a BUSY Saturday night in the Cosmopolitain…my legs were on fire! And my patience was definitely tested. I dealt with large parties of mostly drunk ladies all night, and by the 25th split check and 3+ credit cards that were declined, I just wanted to yell DO YOU EVEN LIFT in each of their faces! 🙂 Let’s hope I don’t have to do that again any time soon!