June 9, 2013…(Ar)REST(ed Development) DAY!
Hey look at that! I have ANOTHER Sunday off…what’s up with that by the way? Today is a *true* rest day…my usual “rest day” from working out falls on a Friday, which happens to be my Monday for work, and on Tuesday (which is my Saturday), I don’t actually rest…I LIFT! Did you understand ANY of that? Are you thoroughly confused now? Anyway, it’s nice to be reminded of what a TRUE rest day is all about…aka polishing of the rest of the newest episodes of Arrested Development. As far as rest days go, I haven’t taken enough of them in the past few months and I will be doing my best to work them into my schedule! Now…on to the food!
- Wake-up: apple.
- Breakfast: scrambled eggs (1 yolk, 3 whites) with freshly made salsa, 1/2 an avocado, and a grilled jalapeno (HOT DAMN!)
- Snack: Paleo muffin and an iced coffee (splash of almond milk).
- Second snack: handful of almonds.
- Late lunch: turkey burger topped with hummus and wilted arugala; an orange and a handful of plantain chips.
- Dinner: chicken sausage with buffalo sauce, roasted tomatoes, kale salad with blueberries, almonds, and shaved coconut. 2 glasses of Chenin Blanc.
- Snack: Chocolate covered almonds!