June 17, 2013…It’s just a myth!
So I came across a food article that discusses common food “myths.” It basically debunks previous ways of thinking about certain foods and dietary restrictions and really sheds some light on the proper way to eat! I like when they talk about sodium because I’m a salty-snack kind of girl and I definitely feel guilty at times for eating “too much salt…” but I see now that it’s not necessarily the case! 🙂 http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/busted-the-truth-behind-10-food-myths.html (and yes, I took this from Bodybuilding.com…Do you even lift, bro?)
- Pre-workout: paleo muffin, apple.
- Post-workout shake: protein powder, supergreens powder, water.
- Breakfast: scrambled eggs (1 yolk, 4 whites) with jalapeno and tomato, 1 banana.
- Snack: dried apple rings from Trader Joe’s.
- Dinner: Turkey burger topped with hummus, sautéed broccoli with garlic, chili flake, seasame seeds.
- Mid-work snack: handful of “raw trail mix” from Trader Joe’s.
- Late night snack: 2 hard-boiled egg whites with hummus.