June 28, 2013…SHOTS! (of Apple Cider Vinegar)
So I’ve been blogging these past couple of months and I didn’t even realize my posts were NOT being posted on my Facebook page. I always say I’m “bad” with technology, but honestly…it’s just my stubbornness to get with the program! Anyway, before I get into my diet for today, I wanted to talk a little bit about the benefits of apple cider vinegar. People think I’m crazy for taking shots of ACV (that’s how I will be referring to it from now on!) upon rising, empty stomach and all! But that’s the way you have to do it to get the optimal benefits! Ok, you can *technically* mix it with water/juice/lemon/honey…in a number of combinations, but I am a little extreme with everything I do! Regardless of the way you choose to get it down, it is SERIOUSLY beneficial to your health! Imagine, taking an extra 10 seconds out of your day and enduring minor discomfort to do WONDERS for your health and beauty! Whether you are a man or a woman, I’m sure you do at least ONE thing per day that may be time consuming/slightly painful to benefit the way you look and feel. I will call you a liar if you tell me otherwise! 🙂 Ok, so enough of my ranting and raving…here are some things to look forward to when you start your new ACV regimen:
- ACV binds to toxins in the body for easy removal on a daily basis.
- Helps improve blood circulation and purification of the liver.
- Improves immune system response.
- Aids in weight loss by stabilizing blood sugars and curbs appetite!
- Believe it or not, can help with acid reflux and indigestion (what? vinegar helps that?! Incredible!)
- Good topical skin astringent because of it’s INSANE anti-bacterial properties!
- EXCELLENT for your hair and scalp – better than any “clarifying” shampoo on the market!
- Helps with lactic acid build-up after a killer WOD!
Ok, seriously…the list goes on! I’ve been taking ACV every day for the past 6 years. I swear it gives me energy in the morning and makes me feel overall like a SUPERHERO! Ok, maybe that’s because of the crazy socks I wear, but it’s a small thing you can do to drastically improve your health and well-being! What brand of ACV is best? Bragg’s HANDS DOWN is the best!
Here’s a few links to get you started!
Ok…todays’ FOOD LOG!
- Wake-up: ACV of course! Greek yogurt and an apple.
- Brunch: Scrambled eggs with bacon and jalapeno peppers.
- Snack: handful of chocolate covered almonds and cashews.
- Lunch: turkey burger on top of sautéed spinach and arugala, topped with hummus and roasted red peppers. A brown rice tortilla on the side!
- Dinner?: not too shortly after, I had some steak fajitas (just the meat and peppers/onions) at work because I knew I wouldn’t eat again for many hours…probably about a 4oz portion.
- Mid-shift snack: raw fruit/nut trail-mix from Trader Joe’s.
- Late night snack: Dogfishead 90 Minute IPA, chicken sausage with a handful of plantain chips.