Monthly Archives: August 2013
Hey guys! So I apologize for not keeping up with my blog for the last month or two…I moved and was living in the Stone Age without a computer OR internet for quite some time. But now I’m ready to join society once again and start blogging my face off!
So this past weekend was our team competition in Pasadena and it was nice to see all of our hard work and proper dieting pay off! It was especially important to stay adequately fueled and hydrated the day of the competition, especially since we were outside in the sun most of the day (or would have been, if it wasn’t for our awesome support team with the tent hookup! Thanks guys…) Just a quick note on something I noticed that day: eating the proper amount of protein is ALWAYS important before and after working out, but before each event I made sure to consume some type of fat (almond butter for the most part) and I really felt it helped with my performance. Just a thought for you guys who are wondering what to eat before a WOD or big athletic event…I typically eat bananas with almond butter, or oatmeal with almond butter, or a gigantic scoop of almond butter with whatever else I’m eating and I feel like I can WOD for days!
Ok, let’s get to the food…today was a training day:
- Pre-workout: chicken sausage (with buffalo sauce OF COURSE) and a banana with almond butter (wink wink).
- Post-workout shake: chocolate whey protein, supergreens powder, and coconut water (HOLY CANNOLI what a world of a difference using coconut water makes…YUMMMMMM)
- Brunch: grilled turkey burger over a bed of sautéed arugala with 1/2 an avocado, more buffalo sauce, and a brown rice tortilla rolled up on the side.
- Linner: (lunch/dinner?) Trader Joe’s smoked trout with a sweet potato COVERED in apple sauce! Try it…it’s life-changing!
- Snack: 1/2 a dark chocolate bar…
- Late dinner: chipotle-lime chicken from Wholefoods, beets, kale salad with cranberries and almonds…and a glass of red wine.
Not sure what this is all about, but I somehow found a kitty/almond butter meme so I’m using it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!