May 26, 2013…I’m baaaaaaaaaaaaack!
Hope you are having a wonderful weekend…how’s my weekend going you ask? Well, I’m halfway through my “week” and I’m not gonna lie, dealing with the Memorial Day crowd on the strip is probably one of the lasts things one earth I want to be doing! These people need to go to the Secret Pizza place and get some cheesy carbs to soak up all the booze they’ve had all day at the pool and leave us Spanish tapas people alone! LOL I KID…we are busy enough and making decent money, I’m just bitter I can’t be enjoying the pool this weekend like everyone else!
As far as my diet goes, it was pretty much the same. I definitely ate more chocolate than normal…I guess my body was craving some sugar. I also tried keeping some goat cheese in the house (goat cheese crumbles, and a goat cheese brie which was AMAZING)…technically “dairy” but lactose free. Well, maybe it’s because I haven’t had cheese in my house forever, but it didn’t last very long! I think I’ll stick with “treating” myself occasionally but not making it a staple in the fridge.
Also, I realized that I kind of missed the blog. Writing everything down motivated me to stay on track a little more. Maybe you’ll find that it helps you too. Keeping a food journal is a good way to track your progress. It is also good to write down how you were feeling that day and if you were training/working or not because these are huge factors in how/how much you eat!
Today was an “off” day (but an “on” day for work…):
- Breakfast: protein smoothie (protein powder, almond milk, supergreens powder, banana, 1 tbsp. chia seed).
- Lunch: sautéed chicken sausage and onion in a homemade pomodoro sauce, wilted arugala and zucchini salad…and an orange.
- Second Lunch/Dinner: endive salad with sherry dressing, cucumbers, tomatoes, blue cheese crumbles. Roasted chicken breast.
- Mid-Shift snack: Lara bar and an apple.
- Late Dinner: grilled turkey burger (no bun) with avocado and salsa, handful of plantain chips. And a vodka water!
My favorite part of today? ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT IS BACK ON NETFLIX WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Ok, this meme only makes sense if you watch Arrested Development AND know who Chuck Testa is…